5 Fun Things To Do Beside Work This Weekend
- January 22, 2021
- Posted by: Scale My Hustle
- Category: Work-life Balance
“Friday sees more smiles than any other day of the workweek!”— Kate Summers
True that, Kate!
Were you able to deliver your projects on time, accomplish your tasks, and meet all your deadlines? Then it’s time to take a chill, pat yourself at the back, and celebrate yourself for work well done during the week.
The calendar says it’s the weekend, and we are ready to let out all the stress and have some fun. If you are short on fun ideas on what to do this weekend, you should check out these tips to help you have a fun-filled weekend.
- Dance: A lover of music? Then plug in your ears to your favourite songs and get your body moving.
- Swim: If there’s a swimming pool close to you, go for a dive and let the cool water wash over you and calm your nerves.
- Run: Running is an awesome way to stay fit. Apps like Runkeeper, Adidas, Nike Run Club, PUMATRAC, helps you track your pace, distance, calories burned, time, and more to help you achieve your fitness goals. You could also get on some challenges with your running buddies.
- Catch up with loved ones: Visit friends and family and catch up with the latest gist from your favourite cousin or friend. You could organise a hangout and spend the day eating and having some fun.
- Explore new places: Join a tour group and go on a road trip. It is an opportunity to meet new people while having fun.
Remember to wash your hands, use your nose mask, and maintain social distance when stepping out.
Maybe you’ll love to stay indoors, these activities are for you:
- Netflix and chill: Netflix has unlimited movies to binge-watch for your viewing pleasure. If you’re not sure of what to watch, this recommendation would help you.
- Cook: Cooking can be fun too, especially if you’re trying a new recipe. Ever wondered how to cook that fantastic Nigerian Jollof that causes Nigeria-Ghana wars? Check out this Party Jollof rice recipe on Sisi Yemisi’s channel and get your taste buds banging.
- Blog: Turn your jottings to articles and start blogging digitally. WordPress is a free site to start with, and you could also put up your articles on Medium too.
- Exercise: Download some fun home workout routines and call your friends over the phone to join you in some exercises. Home workout gives you the chance to exercise without making it look like a chore.
Whatever activity you choose this weekend, remember to have fun and enjoy yourself to the fullest. You would find some more tips here on how to unplug from work and make plans for the weekend.