Lead Magnet Ideas to Boost your Digital Product Sales
- November 11, 2021
- Posted by: Scale My Hustle
- Category: Digital Products
For your brand to generate leads and increase online sales, you need a lead magnet.
A lead magnet is one of the most important parts of a content marketing strategy. A lead magnet is anything that interests your prospects; something that they deem to be valuable enough to give up their contact information for.
Different content can act as a lead magnet, so for every business, the set of lead magnets will differ. Also, each brand has its own uniqueness, and the only way to attract new clients and maintain the ones you have is to offer them something valuable. So, if you want your customers to purchase your digital products without thinking twice, your lead magnet must be on point.
What are the benefits of lead magnets?
Lead magnets provide useful targeting, communication, and relationship-building opportunities you can use to leverage sales, goodwill, and positive public regard for your business. It also must be designed in such a way that entices visitors to stay on your website no matter what.
Here are 3 benefits of lead magnets:
- Provides a direct lead connection and opens up other platforms to connect with qualified leads.
- Enables you to catch visitors in the research stage and develop communication with them to increase the odds of a conversion.
- It boosts your credibility by offering or sharing useful information, material, tips, or instructions to your visitors and they might find your expertise appealing.
Creating lead magnets to boost your digital product sales might not be as easy as you think, as your lead magnet should not only relate to your brand but also promote it in every aspect. That is why it’s advisable to hire experts in the field.
In order for you to reap the benefit of a lead magnet, here are some important factors to focus on:
- Keep things simple: Your content should not to be too difficult to perceive. The very nature of lead magnets suggests that the content you provide is accessible, catchy, and easily understood.
- Focus on your strengths: Use the SWOT analysis here, as it’s essential for your lead magnets to be of the highest quality possible for them to work as intended. Think about the type of content you create best and stick to them. It’s better to produce an exciting high-quality e-book than to struggle over a video.
- Prioritise rapid consumption: When choosing the most appropriate format for your lead magnets, stick with the ones that are easy to digest. While providing value is important, you don’t want your leads spending too much time examining the content of your lead magnet instead of taking more revenue-generating actions. Keep it simple.
Lead magnet ideas that can boost your digital product sales.
As stated earlier, there are so many lead magnets that work for different businesses. There are different companies offering the same digital product as yours, and what works for others might definitely not work for you.
Here are some lead magnets that will work for your business and ideal customers:
Who doesn’t like free, short, and precise e-books? This is a very popular lead magnet idea, as the offer already exists. They are easy to generate from your blog article, especially the ones that are related to your brand and the core services provided.
The bonus about offering a free E-book is that it can be saved and read at a more convenient time. However, don’t make your E-book too long, but ensure it provides value to the reader.
Webinars and Masterclasses
Arranging a free webinar or master class is great. Don’t just do it often, else you will be seen as cheap. Also, be careful not to get too bogged down in the details; a little suspense will do, as it is important for your webinar/master class to be accessible to your audience.
Try to create your webinar or master class to focus on your specific industry. In this way, you will offer greater insights into the industry and position yourself and your brand as an authority in that space. Another bonus is not forgetting to follow up. That is always a big plus.
The best lead magnets that’ll work for your business and ideal customers:
Do you know you can also use your case studies to show off your work? People want to see customer success stories more than ever, so producing more in-depth case studies with catchy headings can help you collect warmer leads.
Know that if a user enters their details to view or download a case study, more often than not, they are considering purchasing from your company.
Video training can produce hot leads because customers have already shown an interest in the subject, product, or service by watching the video. Don’t forget to keep your video short and offer help towards the end of the video. Be sure that you provide a quality video with good sound and pictures.
Challenges are a great way to get people excited and involved in something that will benefit them. Creating a challenge is not only fun but rewarding as people will inevitably speak about how well they did in your challenge and share the results on social media. And this generates leads. All you have to do is tap into the adventurous spirit of your audience.
Tools to create lead magnets that will boost your digital product sales
While there is indeed a lot of work to do to take your lead magnet from concept to implementation, using the right set of tools can streamline and optimise your efforts. To create a lead magnet that impresses visitors, it has to be impressive and done professionally.
There are tools to help you every step of the way on your quest to get more subscribers and make more sales.
In terms of word choice, these tools are the best, as they are targeted at those who write blog posts regularly and need help when they feel they’ve run out of topics. It’s also a great source of inspiration for lead magnets.
Whether you are creating a video lead magnet or a digital download, there are several great tools you can use to make creating them simple. Here are some favourite tools you can use to create lead magnets that convert.
Get to work, go build a lead magnet that converts and grow your digital product sales.
Image credit: istockphoto