Connecting With The World Through Words
Learn to connect better with simple words.
Get Course Here
Your writing is the singular most important asset you have in this digital and virtual age. Whether it is an email, a business proposal, on social media, a job application, a grad school, or scholarship application …. your writing matters. A lot!
And these days, we are doing a TON of writing.
Now, this course is not a course on grammar, it is a course on writing in a way that connects to your audience
Why is writing better important?
- Writing is our primary means of communication in the world today.
- Better writing makes you more confident. How many times have you lost opportunities because you felt too uncomfortable to send or reply to an email? How many times have you fretted while writing a personal statement or a cover letter? Don’t worry those things are about to become past tense for you.
- As a business owner, you should know that for every $1 spent on email marketing, it generates $32 in Returns on Investments. (Oberlo). And the conversion rates for emails are higher than social media, direct traffic, and search. (Smart Insights). A lot of business owners are missing out on the wonderful gifts of email marketing.
- As a professional, poor writing negatively affects your career growth while excellent writing skills accelerate your career growth. From the simple things like emails to complex things like reports, how you show up in your writing has a big effect on your career trajectory.
- Writing in a way that connects with people is another great way to socialize and build communities around an idea or brand.
Improving your writing, therefore, makes a strong case for your personal and professional development!
Get Course Here
Why am I teaching this?
So, I’ve been writing on the internet for a long time. However, it wasn’t until about a year ago that I decided to start writing a newsletter. That newsletter is called #LettersFromMoe and it has an open rate of well over 70%. To be honest, I had no idea that this was way above the average open rates of newsletters which hovers around 20%. Wow right? I was shocked too when I found out.
I am also a self-acclaimed cold-emailing god. Well, 8 out of 10 times, I get a response to my cold emails and you can find some of my tricks and hacks on here. What do you think?
My newsletter isn’t the only thing I write. I am a retired academic who has done my fair share of academic writing including a publication with Columbia University. My academic writings have also been featured by the WorldBank and you can read some of my other stuff on here.
Writing has never been as important as it is now. Writing is how you show up and take up the space you deserve. But there’s one BIG stumbling block.
Everyone is distracted
So in other for you to get the attention of your audience, you need to write in a way that connects and that is EXACTLY what this course will help you do.
What is in the course?
There are 6 classes in all
Class one simplifies writing, class two talks about an important part of writing – authenticity!
In class three we discuss what readers care about (you might be surprised!) and in class four, I break down business writing. I actually include one of my favorite tricks here – you would love it.
In winding down the course, class five discusses removing fluff from your writing and class 6 is a bonus class on my favorite rules about showing up with your best writing.
I LOVED LOVED putting this course together and I have no doubt in my mind that you’d love watching it as well.
Just because of how confident I am in this course, I’m adding a guaranty as well. So if you believe you didn’t learn anything of value in this course, shoot me an email within 7 days and you will get a full refund, no questions asked :D.